We are Signify, formerly Philips Lighting.
We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Working as an Accounting Specialist at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be part of a highly efficient RTR organization, operating at benchmark cost levels, monitoring and ensuring that all business events and transactions are translated first time right into our financials to ensure accounting integrity. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We’re looking for an Accounting Specialist who’ll be responsible for supporting Records to Report processes and Month End Closing on designated organizations. You’ll be part of the Signify Records to Report Team at Panama Finance Service Center, so Passion for Results, Game Changer, Greater Together and Customer First values must be in your DNA.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the execution and compliance of all RTR processes (which includes MEC, Continuous Controlling, BSAR, BSR, TSR and Journal Vouchers).
- Safeguard the compliance with accounting standards and regulations (IFRS, Local regulations, Signify Accounting Principles and Directives).
- Execute and review ICS Controls related to RTR domain in a timely an accurate manner.
- Supports audits with documentation, reports, processes, and explanations.
- Manage and monitor the performance of our service provider (Infosys).
- Implementation of continuous improvement and harmonization initiatives.
- Pro-Active Team player, working closely with the Financial Controller and other stakeholders.
- Monitor KPIs and identify opportunities to improve the outcomes.
- Expert in problem solving, understanding the root cause of issues, and implementing structural countermeasures.
What you’ll need
- Accounting formal education, superior level degree desired (CPA or alike)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting areas.
- Fluent English required, Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills and SAP or any other ERP knowledge.
What you’ll get in return…
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
What we promise
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future.
Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Any and all information you share with us as part of your application procedure will be assessed during the application process
Please be informed that unless our vacancy explicitly references a third-party recruitment agency, Signify does not engage with third-party agencies. Applications should be made directly to our career site.