Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Panama office as part of McKinsey’s Solution Technology practice. You will partner with product management and product design team members to deliver infrastructure and tooling for our software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability. McKinsey fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. Our Solutions Technology team is helping to shift our model toward asset based consulting and is foundational to our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
What You'll Do
You have responsibilities that will expand into Cloud technologies, automation and micro-services domains. In this role, you will be an active learner, identifying new open source framework using unfamiliar technologies and learning new methodology to meet technical requirements. You will have an understanding of key Kanban and agile engineering methodology and modern software as a code best practice. You will produce high quality code for the full infrastructure technological stack, from introducing new open source framework to automating the deployment of all our Solutions in a multi Cloud provider strategy. You will also assist with troubleshooting basic issues and improving performance in terms of high availability and scalability of the infrastructure. You will document and demonstrate solutions with a focus on security and performance by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments. You will identify and escalate technical barriers, dependencies or risks, understanding the value of the user story and how to best deliver the appropriate functionality. You will manage yourself day to day with regards to priorities, time and commitments within your team setting and ensuring that technical standards and best practices are exercised.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; master’s degree is a plus
- 3 years of experience in IT
- 4+ years of experience with AWS cloud offering
- Hands-on experience with Linux, containerization, database and distributed computation platforms
- Strong scripting experience (Bash, Python, Terraform, Ansible)
- Advanced automation of provisioning, quality control, security audits and maintenance; DevOps experience is a plus
- Knowledge cloud infrastructure such as Azure or Google and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with the development and implementation of IT systems and processes supporting SaaS applications
- Expert in design of medium/large high available and scalable system architectures in GNU/Linux environment
- Distinct customer value and quality mindset